Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Random thoughts in the middle of today

The Red Army Faction & Cameron Diaz. Coming across this article on the release of Brigitte Mohnhaupt from 24 years of imprisonment for terrorist activities of the Red Army Faction in the 70s, it reminded me of this film called "The Invisible Circus". I bought a copy of the DVD for 6 Euros in Paris. It stars one of my all-time favorite actors, Christopher Eccleston (who incidentally has been introduced in Heroes Season 2; Heroes creator Tim Kring, in another bit of random trivia, was a writer for another of my all-time favorites, the short-lived Misfits of Science--end parenthetical thought). It's about this young girl (Cameron Diaz), who travels through Europe, hooks up with Christopher Eccleston, joins the Red Army Faction, you get the picture...

The Acting Bug! It’s 8:45 in the morning on a Sunday. The phone rings and Gabby wakes up, plaintively yelling, “Mama! Phone! Mama! Phone”. Gabby helpfully hands me my phone and I pick up.

“Hello, this is so and so from Little Red Book or something like that.” And then he goes on relentlessly about how I’m being invited to audition at the Substation for this monologue project that they’re doing.

OK, reality check. A, yes, I submitted a piece just before 11pm the night before; on my way out to meet Natalia and Ira for a drink. B, it was 8:45AM.

Unfortunately, one of my New Year’s resolutions was to be much nicer and less bitchy to all and sundry. So instead of yelling at the motherfrakker to go frak himself and his gay boyfriend, I very nicely suggested that perhaps 8:45AM on a Sunday wasn’t the best time to go around calling people with information that could be emailed or, better yet, left ‘til Monday.

So. Whoooooo! I’m auditioning! I honestly don’t know what the performance is all about and plus, due to the exigency of editing my story into a 500-word monologue, I’ve boxed myself into the role of “I was curious about girl-on-girl action”. I’m not actually sure I can pull this off on stage.

More importantly, what do I wear??????

No comments: