Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Muse

OK, this post can't wait.
1. I went to the Muse concert last night. Matt Bellamy is so fucking talented. Voice and guitar aside, what impressed me the most was him on the keyboards. Technical proficiency and amazing energy.
2. I was in the crush of the crowd way up front. Couldn't smoke, couldn't drink. So I decided to leave for a while and get a drink. The girl at the counter was a sweetheart. I ordered a double whiskey coke and she gave me one without charging me extra. Needless to say, it packed a wallop. So I went up to the building in the back, sat on the steps and chilled out for a while. It was kinda fun, dancing and yelling all by myself.
3. The people I was with started appearing (apparently, I was on the way to where the bathrooms were). I belatedly realized that the concert was over. And I couldn't believe it. As we walked out, I baffled the security with my intellect and Vulcan logic:
Me: Is the concert really over?
Them: Yes.
Me: Is it over enough for me to get on the stage?
Them: (Puzzled, but programmed) Uh, yes.
I thereafter ran up to the stage and got one foot on before they scrambled over to stop me.
4. Went to Public House after, to meet up with Natalia and gang, Muse crowd in tow. Had one chocolatini. Cheated at pool and lost two games. But, hey, I couldn't shoot straight by then.
5. The Muse crowd leaves. I get these messages on my phone that Muse is at Loof, where they are. I'm like, no way. Aswhin's like, yes, for real. OK, whatever, Public House was almost closing by then anyway. So I arrive at Loof.

Now this is the point of my indignation and this whole post.

1. So the band was at the bar. I didn't want to be all groupie-like and made a point of not talking to Matt Bellamy. So I chit chatted with the other guy, who I THOUGHT was the drummer. This morning, to my utter mortification, I found out that he was just a random keyboardist. I sidled up to a ROADIE. Who, by the way, was perfectly nice and had no pretensions. For a ROADIE.
2. After that whole episode, I came back to our table and found myself talking to some OZ dude named Elias or Elliot. WHO TOLD ME THAT HE WAS A ROADIE FOR MUSE. He was all blah blah blah about where they're going to next and I was all "don't you secretly wish you were working for Radiohead?". I may have even introduced him to someone else (but it was probably this psycho groupie from Taiwan, so that doesn't really count). I just found out this morning that he's a fucking banker for BNP Paribas. Sonofabitch.


Not that I was impressed at all with his whole "I work with Muse" schtick

1 comment:

enuhski said...

bwahahahahhaha.

take a few lessons from, i've gotten the whole groupie mode into an art form.

hahaahhhaahaha